Friday, February 27, 2009

Feb 27, 2009

This is my very first blog so I guess I should give a little background. My name is Kim Lawson. I am 28 years old and am married to the most wonderful man on Earth, Jeremy. We have bee married since July 16, 1999. This summer we will celebrate our 10 year anniversary, which is unbelievable to me.
We have 3 beautiful, healthy little boys that our the joy of our lives!! Caleb (Tay) is our oldest son. He will be 9 tomorrow! Again, I can't believe it! Caleb is a big teddy bear. He is 4'9" and weighs 110 lbs. (Big guy!) He is extremely smart, goes to gifted classes and enjoys reading and playing with Legos. Our middle son is all of the middle child cliches and more. His name is Drew (Drew bear) and he turned 6 in January. He is mischievous, funny, and always up for anything. He's daring and stuborn. You never know what you'll get with him. Our smallest one, the baby of the family, is Ryan (RT). He will e three this summer. He is definitely the baby of the family.
Jeremy and I have been through alot together. We got married in 1999. He was 21 and I 19. In Feb. 2000 we had Caleb and in May 2000 we found out that I had Hodgkin's Disease (Lymphatic Cancer). After Chemo and Radiation I was cancer free in November 2000. In May 2001 we were told that my Dad, Earl Faust was dying of Lung Cancer. 9 months and one week later on Feb 25, 2002 Dad passed away at the age of 46. In Jan 2003 We welcomed our son, Drew. Less than two months later, while I was in the hospital with Meningitis, Jeremy's father, David Lawson, died suddenly of a massive heart attack at age 53. In 2006 we welcomed our third son, Ryan. Did I forget to mention that through all of this Jeremy was working as a supervisor at Phifer Wire and trying desperately to finish his degree in Electrical engineering at the University of Alabama?
In Dec. 2007 Jeremy finally did graduate and within three months we were moving from our hometown of Tuscaloosa, Alabama to Huntsville, Alabama. We are still living in an apartment in Huntsville and working on getting into a house (with four bedrooms) by January.
I don't know if anyone will even read this or what it will say when I do blog but I plan on keeping everyone up to date with what's going on with our family and tell stories of love, heartache, life, death, family, and overcoming obstacles. Hopefully people will enjoy it.

It's Friday!!!! Wow, we are getting ready for a really busy weekend. Tonight is Caleb's cub scout Blue and Gold banquet. Caleb is really excited about getting his bear badge tonight. I went to the doctor this morning and I felt like I was 8 years old again when the doctor told me that i have two ear infections and strep throat. I don't think there could have been a worse weekend to get sick. We have a ton going on. Talk to you later
Kim

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to be the first to leave you a comment. Love the blog and I really Love You!

    J

    ReplyDelete